Recebi este e-mail, o que devo fazer?
Hello Google Play Developer,
We strive to make Google Play the safest and most trusted experience possible. To that end, we make regular updates to our policies. You can find the details of the latest changes to our policies, including when these changes take effect, in our Policy Center.
You’ll have at least 30 days from the date of this notification to update your app to comply with the following policy changes:
- We’re updating our Families Self-Certified Ads SDK policy to require developers with apps in the Families Program to only use self-certified versions of SDKs when serving ads to children or users of unknown age. Learn More
- We’re introducing additional requirements for personal loan apps targeting users in Nigeria and Kenya. Personal loan apps in these two countries must complete declaration forms and submit documentation for our review in order to remain or publish new personal loan apps on Google Play.
- We’re updating our Deceptive Ads policy to state that ads must not simulate or impersonate the user interface of any app features.
Additionally, we’ve added clarifications to one of our existing policies. Because this policy isn’t new or updated, our enforcement standards and practices for this policy remain the same.
- We’re clarifying our User Data policy to emphasize that developers are responsible for the end-to-end user data handling practices for data acquired within their apps.
- As of August 2, 2022, all new apps must use Billing Library version 4 or newer. As of November 1, 2022, all updates to existing apps must use Billing Library version 4 or newer.
We encourage you to review these policy updates carefully in case any of your apps are impacted. To learn more, read our blog, watch this PolicyBytes video or register for a policy webinar, available for multiple regions (Global, India, Japan, Korea, South East Asia, or Indonesia).